You’ve been learning about the Law of Attraction and you’re following the steps:
You know your Why – your purpose that drives you forward, which is aligned with the very essence of your being.
You know your What – your specific outcome, the life you’re choosing to attract and allow.
You’ve got some ideas about How – the path forward which is both challenging and achievable for you, and which you’ve crafted from a place of empowerment with strong emphasis on the feeling you will have when your desired outcome arrives.
You have created or discovered affirmations to nourish your desire as it comes to fruition.
You may have even taken Inspired Action.
“But I’m just kidding myself! All this positive thinking sounds nice and it feels good, but it’s not the truth. It’s delusional!”
Thank your voice of reason for this very valid complaint.
After all, there’s a lot of validity to your thoughts. In fact, you are absolutely correct.
Positive thinking does sound nice and feel good. And often, it doesn’t accurately represent what is currently true in your life.
But while we’re being reasonable and thinking valid thoughts here, let’s think about the challenges that are currently true in your life – you know, those things you desire to change.
When you think about them, how do you feel?
- Uplifted? Nope.
- Creative? Uh uh.
- Powerful? Nyet.
- Hopeful? You wish.
Yes, you want to acknowledge what is. It’s your starting place. It’s a great place to visit from time to time. You can take pictures, write journal entries, create nostalgia for those stories you’ll be able to tell.
Those “remember when…” stories of struggle that make you laugh and inspire others. Those are stories for your future, when this reality lives happily ever after in your past - let go of it.
Give Energy to Your Vision of the Future.
But the more energy you give to them right now, the more your brain’s reticular activating system will seek out patterns that match these challenges, and you’ve created the essence of “stuckness” when you originally set out to “be reasonable.”
The more energy you give to what’s possible, the more your brain will seek out patterns that match the possibilities, and things get really exciting.
Suddenly you’ll have an idea you never thought of before. Or you’ll see an opportunity you never recognized. It may have been there the whole time but your brain wasn’t looking at it because it was looking for what was familiar.
So all this positive thinking is changing your neurology. Consistent repetition strengthens synaptic bonds.
This isn’t magical thinking. This is science.
And now you’re understanding how to use it.
There’s a lot we don’t understand about gravity, but it’s not like we have to understand it in order to keep from falling off the Earth.
The Law of Attraction is at work in your life already. You don’t need to “get it.” You only need to choose a thought that makes you feel better about your life and your goals. The Law of Attraction will take care of the rest.
If you’re truly dead-set on including your current reality in your affirmation process, here’s a powerful way to do it by sequencing affirmations.
- I know how it felt when I couldn’t support my family. (past tense, “felt” and “couldn’t”)
- It was painful... heart-breaking. (low-energy emotions)
- I have skill and talent, and I’m consistently working hard, so my time is coming. (possible outcome)
- A lot of people are making good money doing what I do. (moving toward probability)
- I know as much as they do, and more than some. (positive comparison)
- If it’s possible for them then it’s possible for me. (from here on, better and better)
- I have been making great progress, and people are seeing the value in what I bring to the table.
- I know that seeds sprout underground where no one can see, and my (money / career / relationships / dreams) are sprouting under me right now.
- The universe is working toward my success in ways that I cannot see right now.
- It’s fun to imagine all the ways success can come to me.
- I have a great life. It feels so good to support my family, enjoy the beauty of the world, and feel freedom and peace and joy so consistently. I’m truly grateful for being alive.
See how that works?
You haven’t changed what is. No bolt of lightning, no alternate reality.
But you feel better. You acknowledged reality without getting stuck in it. You broadened your perspective. Everything that you said is the truth. You have moved from despair to hope. You’ve shifted your neurology. You have made yourself the cause for the effects that you have determined.
“Give me a lever long enough, and a place to stand, and I will move the world.” ~ Archimedes