You’ve taken the assessments, you’ve started to learn a bit about yourself, and you’re ready to see what steps you need to take to kick procrastination to the curb (if you missed any of the assessments, or ended up at this article by accident, then this is your Chutes & Ladders moment).
View previous parts of this six part procrastination series:
Part 6: You are reading this right now!
3 Steps to Get Results.
1. Take your average score from each of the 4 Assessments found in parts 1 to 4.
2. Those scores help you set priorities:
- a. Score of 1-3 = LOW priority pattern to change
- b. Score of 4-6 = MEDIUM priority pattern to change
- c. Score of 7-10 = HIGH priority pattern to change
3. Now that you know which patterns are most important to change, look at the chart below for guidance on where your sweet spots are going to be along this journey.
Your high priority pattern to change is to work on your self esteem and confidence.
Your high priority pattern to change is to work on your perfectionism.
If your issue is perfectionism, you need to stop procastrinating - you can do so with our complete procastirnation elimination hypnosis collection.
Your high priority pattern to change is to work on your fears of success and failure.
Your high priority pattern to change is to work on your self sabotage inclination.
Finally, if your a self saboteur, you may want to stop self sabotage with help from a hypnosis audio.
Before you go running off to change the world...
We’re recommending that you still read the full series – you’ll want to have the complete set of tools available to succeed at this. Along the way, put special focus on the parts highlighted for you above.
We’re doing our best to guide you step-by-step and make it easy, but...
- Remember, there are no shortcuts. This is going to be challenging – it’s going to take work.
- Consistency. We have found that one of the most common forms of failure is called “Shiny Object Syndrome,” or what the movie “Up” calls squirrel! No matter how shiny the distractions appear, stay on the path and keep moving.
Now that you know thyself, you’ll need 2 sets of skills to kick thine own ass into gear: + Aconcrete action strategies, and + A productivity mindset.
We can’t take high-quality action if we’ve got a K-Mart mindset, and a top-level mindset doesn’t accomplish anything without some full-throttle action. You’ve got to have both, capisch?
Article 6 Re-cap.
Awareness is the first step to overcome procrastination. Hopefully now you have a good starting point.
P.S. – Have you ever had that “OMG, I think I can actually do this!” feeling, only to have that idea scare the bejeezus out of you?
Marianne Williamson once wrote: “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us.” Does that apply to you?